NFS Share Mac OSX Lion and Pocorn Hour A-300

I recently bought a Popcorn Hour A-300 from Syabas (which I love) but I was having trouble accessing my MAC OSX SAMBA shares.
I was getting the message :

Share not longer exists 



Since I couldn't find a way to overcome this issue I decided to export my share using NFS instead of SAMBA and now everything works fine.

Here is how I managed this in case it might be useful to someone :

1) Open the terminal application.

2) Create or update the exports file under /etc/exports :

sudo vi /etc/exports


3) edit the file and add the folder you would like to share with the appropriate options :

/Volumes/MyDisk/MyMedia -alldirs -network 192.168.1.0 -mask 255.255.255.0


here I'm sharing all subfolders of the MyMedia folder to the 192.168.1.0 network.

4) You can check your export using the command :

showmount -e



5) Finish
You can then browse your share from the popcorn hour via the NFS_SERVERS entry under networked media or permanently add your share via the setup menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OSX show used ports or listening applications with their PID

On OSX you can display applications listening on a given port using the lsof the commands described below will show listening application...