MyFaces Trinidad invalid_lhs_in_assignment using Partial Page Rendering (PPR)

I stumbled upon a weird error last week. I was having the following error in some of my pages after a PPR request :
["Error ", 
ReferenceError
arguments: Array[0]
get message: function getter() { [native code] }
get stack: function getter() { [native code] }
set message: function setter() { [native code] }
set stack: function setter() { [native code] }
type: "invalid_lhs_in_assignment"
__proto__: Error
, " delivering XML request status changed to ", function (requestEvent)
{
  if (requestEvent.getStatus() == TrXMLRequestEvent.STATUS_COMPLETE)
  {
    var statusCode = requestEvent.getResponseStatusCode();

    // The server might not return successfully, for example if an
    // exception is thrown.  When that happens, a non-200 (OK) status
    // code is returned as part of the HTTP prototcol.
    if (statusCode == 200)
    {
      _pprStopBlocking(window);

      if (requestEvent.isPprResponse())
      {
        var responseDocument = requestEvent.getResponseXML();

        // Though not yet supported, Nokia browser sometimes fails to get
        // XML content. (Currently being investigated.) When that happens,
        // the function should simply return without calling
        // _handlePprResponse rather than crushing the function with null
        // pointer reference.
        // This is a temporary workaround and should be revisited when
        // Nokia browser is officially supported.
        if (responseDocument != null)
        {
          this._handlePprResponse(responseDocument.documentElement);
        }
      }
      else
      {
        // Should log some warning that we got an invalid response
      }
    }
    else if (statusCode >= 400)
    {
      // The RequestQueue logs these for us, so
      // we don't need to take action here.  IMO, that's probably
      // wrong - we should do the handling here
      _pprStopBlocking(window);
    }

  }
}]

In some pages this caused everything to break (nothing was being updated), while in other pages my PPR requests where working properly, despite the error message. What I found out, from this very eloquent error message, is that when a component has a "-" in their ID like so :




So I removed the "-" in the ID




And everything went back to normal!.

Popular posts from this blog

Multi-hop ssh tunnel - howto : Creating a SSH tunnel with port forwarding between multiple hosts

Spring boot and spring data jpa tutorial - A sample application using spring 4.0 spring boot and JPA (part 2/2)

MongoDB spring data $elemMatch in field projection